Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Lee's Moly


I just completed my contribution this month to Lee's Moly and now it's on the way to Lisa. The Hawaii idea intrigued me, so I decided to keep with that and printed out some of my previous beach sketches for reference. I included some little critters too, to tie into Lee's wonderfully playful motif.


I've been experimenting a bit with how to best add color to this paper (blogged about that here). Last time I used watercolor pencils, but this time I combined those with regular Prismacolor colored pencils of which I have many. I think I prefer the results with watercolor pencils alone: I'll go back to that next time.



Martha
Trumpetvine Travels Sketchblog

1 comment:

Kerstin Klein said...

your beach is lovely. i should read your post bout the colors soon. i love using sharpies, but alway disliked the bleeding. but with the japanese fold moleskine the bleeding doesn´t matter and i love using them again.